Current Vacancies @ BASE
BASE ENTERPRISE CLG
About BASE Enterprise Centre
BASE Enterprise CLG was incorporated in 1995 with the objective of building a community-based enterprise centre, serving the most disadvantaged areas in Blanchardstown. Located in Mulhuddart, Dublin 15, BASE prides itself on being a model social enterprise with a strong emphasis on the needs of its communities of interest and other target groups. BASE aims to benefit the local community in alleviating disadvantage through the empowerment of local individuals with the provision of incubator office and warehouse/workshop space, appropriate training space facilities and enterprise training
- To manage the day to day operations of the Centre including facilities management, client Relationships and the recruitment of new businesses.
- To deliver the strategic direction of the Centre as laid down by the Board.
- To further develop the role and sustainability of the Centre in both capacity and the provision of services.
- To manage the BASE Community Services Programme.
- To ensure the Centre operates in accordance with its statutory and contractual commitments.
- To work with resident clients & potential clients to evaluate and develop their business plans & ideas.
- To manage all core staff, providing appropriate support and personal development opportunities.
- To provide appropriate financial management, including timely & accurate financial reporting to the Board, in line with Board guidelines and other financial reporting guidelines that may be in force from time to time.
- To identify & generate other sources of income as required.
- To ensure all policies and procedures that support the operation of the Centre are regularly updated, as and when required.
- To support the Board in developing and carrying out agreed actions and business plans.
- To establish partnerships, develop good working relationships and collaborate with national & local development agencies, businesses and individuals to maximise the use of the Centre and meet local needs.
- To develop networks to provide access to information support and resources.
- To represent the Centre at the relevant regional and national representative organisations including the NACEC managers association, as may be required by the Board.
- To perform whatever other function as might be identified by the Board from time to time to further the aims and objectives BASE Enterprise Centre CLG.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Property management skills
- Management skills and Knowledge of HR Management
- Strategic Stakeholder Management
- Knowledge of relevant corporate governance best practice
- Financial management and Debtor control
- Mentoring ability
- Knowledge of local enterprise supports and agencies
- Local business/enterprise knowledge
- Information Technology proficient
- Excellent Interpersonal, presentation & communication skills
- Analytical Skills and ability to think creatively
- The ability to identify and develop key commercial opportunities for the Company.
- Experience in business planning/forecasting, financial management, budgeting and expenditure control
- A 3rd Level degree in the one of the following areas is desirable: business / finance /
entrepreneurship / marketing / economics
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Full clean driving licence and use of a car.
- Salary negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
Full time, Permanent Contract, subject to 12 month probationary period.
Applicants should forward a CV by e-mail marked ‘Operations Manager’ to
Alternatively CV’S can be posted to:
BASE Enterprise CLG,
Closing Date for Applications is 17.00 Friday 25th May
Shortlisting may apply. Canvassing will disqualify.
BASE Enterprise Centre is an equal opportunities employer.
Base Enterprise Centre
01 820 30 20
01 820 94 69
Best Irish Business working in the community
Recycling in Action Award 2011
BASE Enterprise Centre Reception
Open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Client Access to Units:
Office units in the Michael Galvin Building.
Mon-Fri 0800 - 22-15,
0800 - 1745 Saturday,
0800 -17-15 Sundays.
Closed Bank Holidays.
24/7 access 365 days per year is availabe to clients located in Light Industrial Units in Blocks B&C